There have been several articles recently that discuss the risks of sitting all day.
- New York Times, Well Blog, May 2015: A 2-Minute Walk May Counter the Harms of Sitting
- NBC’s Rock Center, January 2013: Sitting all day ‘literally killing us,’ says obesity expert
- From WellnessFX, November 2012: Sitting Is Killing You
People who sit for most of their day are 54% more likely to die of a heart attack.
- Huffington Post, July 2012: Sitting At Work: Why It’s Dangerous And What You Can Do
- CBS News, July 2012 : Why sitting all day is killing you
- BBC News Magazine, July 2012: A sitting person’s guide to standing up
- New York Times Sunday Review, April 2012: Don’t Just Sit There
- Lifehacker, January 2012: How Sitting All Day Is Damaging Your Body and How You Can Counteract It
- MyHealthNewsDaily, July 2011: Sitting is Deadly, Mounting Research Reveals
- From Yahoo Health, March 2011: The Most Dangerous Thing You’ll Do All Day
.. it doesn’t matter how much you exercise or how well you eat. If you sit most of the day, your risk of leaving this world clutching your chest—whether you’re a man or women—as much as doubles.
- Mens Health, October 2010: Is your office chair killing you?
- MDF Wellness: Do you sit at your desk all day?
- Infographic: Sitting is Killing You
- Up and down, up and down – How dynamic sitting and standing can improve health in the office.
Know of other articles that belong here? Drop us an email at: standAlarm@gmail.com